Friday, September 28, 2012

Its Your Body


“When we lose twenty pounds, we may be losing the best twenty pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty.”
- Woody Allen

No wonder I love Woody Allen. Everyone does.

Anyway, so when was the last time you thought about your weight? Yesterday? Right now :)

Like every other girl on this planet, I have read articles and stories about obesity and how it does matter and it doesn't. There were 2 years in my life when I was a big girl. I used to wonder, "Okay so these articles are telling me to be happy because weight didn't matter and it makes me feel good for a while and I take a proud walk, but why am I sad at the end of every day?"

Things don't change much. Once a fat girl, always a fat girl. Why? Well, even if we lose weight from most of our body parts, what about the brain? In there, most of the once upon a time fat girls are always fat. 

So, what to do? Go to your mirror? Look at yourself like you have looked at your form for the first time. If you think, you are a bit overweight, buy a pair of running shoes. If not, start a new life. People change. So have you. How hard is it to accept the fact that you look good?

Of course workout should be a part of your daily life, like brushing your teeth. But you can skip it every once in a while. But I guess its a sin to skip the thought that says you are awesome anyway. 

Have a happy weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Rupa, I am in love with this post ! Likewise, everyday ,I look myself in the mirror and feel that I have a beautiful body,even I may be fat and chubby,or whatever,that's how I treat it ! Pretty contended right now.. and I hope a lot of people get inspiration from this one ! Thumbs up !
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is the best thing in me to love myself as I am.....but for sure I need to work out and I will do it for sure....

    ReplyDelete
  3. gr8 post doll. really loved it :D
    xoxo <3

    http://littlemisssinner.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking some time out to comment. I really look forward to them.